Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Middle Child Syndromes

I heard a one cute & one disconcerting comparison from my kids yesterday.
Here's the cute--
Sydie: (trying to wake her up)
"I feel like a bear that is trying to hyberate (that's how she said it) and it's not spring yet and someone is trying to wake me up!"
Here's the disconcerting one---
Katrina: (after getting in trouble for being mean to Sydie)
"I feel like I'm the dirt and Sydie's the flower. "
This is not the first time Katrina has had this issue. As she was watching Fred Claus she paused the movie and said. "That's how I feel! I'm Fred Claus and Sydie is Nicholas!"
Maybe we should stop telling her to be more like her sister! (kidding).
She's got some issues evidently. She went on to accuse me of forgetting to wish her happy birthday last year and not making Christmas Eve very special. Wha? This girl has memory issues as well.

Or maybe this is a classic middle child syndrome because Coby is saying this sort of thing on a regular basis. Like on Sunday. He told me that if I had only one cinnamon roll left and had to share it with one of my children I'd share it with Ace and not him. He apparently always gets the raw end of the deal as does Katrina.

So this week I'm going to focus on the middle children. I'll let you know if it works.

1 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I guess now all we can do is hope Katrina doesn't get on here and see that Syd's analogy was "cute" and hers was "disconcerting." Haha!

PS BWD wants to get you an iPhone. He told me so. He didn't really use those exact words but I could tell. :)