The long awaited day came and went...Sydie's birthday!
We had a great day together.
She requested blueberry muffins for breakfast and I delivered.
She wanted her nails done (from a professional) so we (including Katrina) went there after breakfast.
While the girls were getting their nails done, I got my peds cured. I thought, what the heck, haven't had them done since last summer so I might as well!
The lady who sat me down in the chair was sick, hacking, coughing, blowing her nose, which should have made me turn and run but I didn't.
She proceeded to snort up the snot and hawk it. Is there a word for this besides disgusting? She did this twice. The first time I was mortified. The second time I closed my eyes as not to see the stuff coming out into the garbage can. Then she cut my pinky toe with her file and shortly afterward put alchohol on it. I tried not to scream but winced and bit my lip.
The girls loved their nails though--I guess it wasn't ALL bad.
Sydie wanted to go to Hawiia for her birthday. So instead we played Hawiian music, threw some umbrellas into the cupcakes and served Hawiian Haystacks to make up for the fact that we couldn't.
Here are some of my favorite things about this 7 year old o'mine.
- She is always writing me love notes. Today's read: " I love my Mom. My mom is the best mom ever. I love her so much and I will love her forever."
- She loves to play cars but she is extremely girly girl too.
- She has such a sweet disposition. She usually does what we ask her to do without arguing.
- She gives out hugs to all of us all the time.
- She reminds me to buckle my seatbelt.
- She can lip sync and dance like a rockstar.
- She gets in cleaning moods quite often. Usually right before going to bed.
- And before going to bed she always says "good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite and choose the right". Every time.