Here are the top 6 happenings of the trip:
- Got to sign up (late) to run in the 5 mile race! It was a fun race to run in, & the weather was perfect.
- Learned just how much Katrina talks in her sleep. Just about every hour she was shouting something out. She seems to get out her frustrations in her sleep.
- Treated rashes on 3 of 4 of my kids from the hot tubs. Turned out that quite a few other kiddos got them too. Neosporin and Benedryl did the trick to fix it.
- Hiked Delicate Arch and listened to Sydie cry about climbing up the trail the whole way. She did get distracted by a lizard or two which was lovely. Once we hit shade she felt a lot better.
- Visited a place called Hidden Arch which is a MUST-see. It's basically a .5 mile walk down to this really soft cool sand that's enclosed within these rock walls and towers with a cute little arch within that kids climbed on top of. Our kids favorite spot for sure. We tried to revisit it the next day but that day happened to be a lot colder and WINDY. And I mean Windy. It was a like a scene from Hildalgo. People had wrapped themselves with blankets where you could just see their eyes in order to not get the sting of the sand hitting you from every direction. Not worth it. We basically got back into the car and ended up sitting it out in the cabin until the winds let up.
- ATV-Monday. Everyone either rented (like us) or brought up their ATV's and we basically went out all day to a couple of different spots and had a total party. Favorite place and most beautiful scenary was by far Onion Creek. Loved loved loved it.