Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Feeling Wicked

The long awaited night came and went, and once again left me wanting more of the same!

BWD and I went went to see Wicked with our good friends the Andersons and the Poelmans. Both couples had not seen it before, so it was fun to see their reactions. They loved it.
I remember being blown away seeing it the first time, it is just so spectacular in every way and so much to take in.
But, in saying that I was surprised at how much I had forgotten or missed. Also how different actresses play the parts so uniquely.
Elfaba sold me more on her love for Fiyaro this time. Galinda was even more comical.
And the songs...THE SONGS!!! I always am so moved by the incredible talents of others.
My favorite song is probably a tie between Defying Gravity and No Good Deed. But I do love For Good, Popular and As Long as your Mine. There's really not a song I don't like, and THAT, coupled with the brilliant mind who created the script and story is why it is so popular.

This morning I checked online to see what the 2010 tour looked like so I could make plans to see it again! (Next time with Coby and Katrina).

I do believe I have been changed for the better. :)

3 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

"next time with Coby and Katrina" <--- um, 'scuse ME????????

Gold hair with a gentle curl, that's the girl you chose...and heaven knows....I'm not that giiiiiiirl....

::getting chills reliving Defying Gravity in my mind::

solidgold (a.k.a. our family) said...

Coby, Katrina AND YOU of course! With Jack too. Make it a friends and family event. Don't you think they would love it?
I have spent a good hour today comparing Youtube Defying Gravity scenes...trying to relive the moment...but it's just not the same! I am officially obsessed--and may need therapy.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Nice save there with the "AND YOU of course!" Nice save indeed.

And yes, it would be so fun with the kids (THOSE kids). This time we will go to a matinee and ride the lightrail down to the theater district and pretend like we are high society.

I really hope we get it, and we don't live to regret it....