Sunday, February 22, 2009

LOST stuff

Losing your stuff can be a huge distress, believe me, I've had my fair share of losing things this last month. I left my wallet at King Soopers in the self-check out lane. I then lost my Ipod Shuffle which just about killed my workouts. And yesterday I happened, through a series of events, to lose my keys as COSTCO. Left them in one of two carts actually, that could have been anywhere on the premises. Brilliant move. I got them back within 30 minutes thankfully. Luckily I got all my lost things back eventually.
However, nothing is of more joy than losing your first tooth. NOTHING. For all my kids this is the unsaid graduation out of babyhood. I think Ace's enthusiastic words were, "I wish I were a dinasaur with millions of teeth and could lose one every day!!!"
Sydie lost her first tooth last Sunday in sacrament meeting. She was sitting on my lap and I asked to see how loose it was. Note: This tooth was ready to come out 4 months ago. I was seriously surprised she hadn't swallowed the thing while drinking. Anyway, she usually doesn't let me touch it, as she was afraid of the unknown pain of losing her tooth. But on this special day, she actually let me wiggle it, and while I had a chance, I pulled--and out it came. Sydie was shocked and beaming. She was going up to complete strangers and letting them know of her missing tooth. She couldn't wait to tell her first grade teacher and within two days of losing the first one, had managed to get a second tooth, through much wiggling and pulling, out of her mouth as well.

1 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I meant to mention to you that I watched this all happen from my bench during sacrament meeting! Srsly... saw the whole thing. I didn't realize it was her first tooth though by the way BWD was like "Great now sit down" when she excitedly showed him her tooth! haha!