Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cell Phone Conveniences

Since two of my 4 children now own cell phones, I've found a surprising advantage. They are the perfect replacement for home intercoms. Not that we have ever had a home intercom to replace, but you know what I'm sayin'.

Here's a few examples:
  • Here I am, upstairs, all comfortable in bed and I realize I forgot to tell Ace something. He's down the hall in his room. I'm lazy. I simply call him on his phone in the comfort of my own bed. Done!
  • Ace is sick, lying in bed and needs some water. He calls our home number, I kindly oblige. Twice. As I type this he's calling me again. This is now verging on annoying--I'm thinking it's time for a pitcher.
  • Sydie will find one of our cell phones lying around, call me--and request my presence wherever she's at.
See? No yelling and no searching around looking for a family member. I'm seriously considering getting one for the the two girls only to use in the house.








2 comments:

Stiles Family-mostly Kristen said...

Man, I wish we had those things in the 80-90's! Just make a quick call and Mom would make dinner. Awesome!

Lyndsey said...

I love it. I will remember this for my life (fast forward 10 years).