Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tripping Out in UT







So, we haven't really gone on any road trips or vacations all summer.  Labor Day was going to be our big vacation of the year, and who wouldn't want to spend the long weekend in UTAH? There's no place like it, right?  Coby was especially excited to find and buy some peaches after hearing how heavenly they were.  
We arrived in good time and I might add with NO puking, in Alpine.  Home (temporarily) of our friends the Wheatleys and the Robbins.   After getting settled we went out as couples (cuz the thought being with our kids any more that day was going to put me into a straight jacket) to Magleby's and kind of caught up.  
The next day we headed up the Y.  And just wondering.... Y the Y?  Y not the B? or the BY? Anyway,  checked out the campus, walked wayyyyy too much, and ended the night in the mountains around a firepit with the Wheatleys.  Fun day, really exhausted.
The next morning the Wheatleys suggested we go to sliding rock.  A natural waterslide in which you slide down, yes, a rock!  And IT rocked, let me tell you.  That was my family's favorite part of the trip, just b/c it was so different.  When everyone ('cept me and Sydie) took a plunge into the ice cold water we headed to BYU for the BIG opening game.  We ate at one of our fav. places, Brick Oven with the Wheatleys once again.  The line of the day was from James who turned to the waitress when asked if there was anything else she could do.  James:  "Yeah, how 'bout a rootbeer that is NOT flat and warm?"  I love his tact.
Grandma Victor was next on our list of visits.  She's 97 years old, mostly blind, two hip replacements, but has an amazing mind.  She doesn't even introduce herself using the last name of the girl sitting next to her! (I need to splain that one later).  She's got it together though.
Good ol' Aunt Sheila was the last stop before we headed out.  My kids describe her as having "lots of energy".  I asked them if they thought of me like that and I got a unanimous "NO".  GREAT!  I'm going to have to start taking shots of redbull now.  One of the highlights of the visit at Sheila's was the peaches that she gave us.  We weren't able to find any peach-selling shacks off the side of the roads so it was an answer to Coby's prayer!  
On the way home we stopped at Little America and had a horrible night's sleep thanx to Ktrina.  She yells in her sleep every 30 minutes all night long.  Yeesh! 
Right off of 1-80 there's this place called Arlington.  We stopped there and tried fishing for bit but NO luck.  It's BWD's favorite place cuz we're usually the only one's there.  
That's it for our 2008 Trip.  Next year we're going to do something big.  Stay tuned! 

1 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Ooooo, I like me some Fowlerland. It's like Disneyland without the mouse! You can change the name as many times as you want... I will just keep following you around!